Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week Two Recap and no class on the 10th

Great job on the slab projects everyone!  I wanted to post some photos of the works in progress which are below.






















Remember, next week, September 10th, there is no class due to it being a Monday schedule, however I expect everyone to come in during open studio hours. The coil project with handle needs to be completed as well as some sketches for designs that you may be interested in doing on future and current projects.

Next class (September 17th) we will be learning how to recycle clay and going over the vocabulary terms.  I hope that some of our works are fired before then because I am also going to demonstrate how to glaze.  The hollow forms demo project #5 is cancelled, and everyone is excused from the project because I have observed that the class works well independently and I will simply be available for help while we work on individual projects next class period.

I hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend and a break from class next week.